Call 2020 Round 1 KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices KA226 – Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness (VET)
Project Title: C19 digital response (work title of the project) Project duration: 24 months, 1 Aril 2021-30 March 2023
Context and objectives: Our C19 digital response project aims to:
A. Build the capacity to deliver online, blended and distance learning and teaching through the implementation of suitable digital technologies;
B. Develop digital pedagogical competence of the trainers and creation, use and dissemination of digital learning content in accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the European framework for competence in the area of digital technologies;
C. Create a methodology and processes for the implementation of online-, blended- and distance- teaching and learning throughout the whole lifecycle of the training both under normal and COVID 19 like conditions. Pilot testing.
D. Perform pilot testing.
Aims and objectives will be respectively achieved through:
A. Identification, selection and/ or implementation of:
- a. Digital technologies, solutions and tools that provide a complete environment for online blended and distance learning and teaching throughout the life cycle of learning, including in a virtual environment. The focus will be on appropriate European Union platforms that can be used freely. Where such are lacking, opportunities for free / paid use of solutions offered by established manufacturers (Zoom, WebEx, Skype, Viber, …) will be considered.
- b. Identification of the minimum set of hardware and software, including open source, sufficient for online blended and distance teaching and learning.
- c. EU platforms and resources through which digital learning content can be used, shared or exchanged, within the scope of partner accreditation.
- d. Technologies such as “Text-to-voice” for sounding texts and “Print-to-Braille” in order to prepare educational content for less represented groups and disadvantaged people.
- e. Digital technology for mixing video content to add sign language translation and research for automatic sign language translation tools.
B. Development of digital pedagogical competencies of teachers and creation of digital learning content suitable for blended and distance teaching and learning:
- a. Identification and selection of European frameworks on common competences in the field of digital technologies for teachers, citizens and organizations and specific competences in the subject area of teaching for which the project partners are accredited. The aim is to train teachers/ trainers and prepare content in accordance with the requirements of the applicable European framework.
- b. Selection and implementation of appropriate formats, standards and practices for the preparation of digital learning content.
- c. Pilot preparation and exchange of a digital set of educational content in the selected formats and conducting test trainings in order to:
- i. apply the selected digital technologies in reality;
- ii. train the experts of each partner in practice;
- iii. create content that is convenient for transfer from one language to another, for example by translating subtitles and providing access to this content to less represented groups and disadvantaged people, for example by applying Text-to-voice technology.
- d. Preparation of training content using the open source business model and sharing it through appropriate open platforms of the European Union, such as eTwinning, SEG, EPALE or a website specially developed within the project, and/ or by creating a video channel to share the open content;
- e. Preparation of a training game applying the material and helping acquire practical skills.
- f. Preparation of a methodological guide for the trainers (Trainer manual)
C. Organizational and methodological measures:
a. Creating a methodology for online blended and distance teaching and learning throughout the whole life cycle of training, both under normal conditions and in Covid-19 like situation.
b. Process design for:
i. Arranging and conducting online training;
ii. Arranging and conducting of blended and distance learning, including when participant(s) at the training is(are) quarantined but operational;
iii. Vocational training in a production environment without detachment from production;
iv. Use of the digital online and distance learning environment for the preparation of learning content in parallel with the “live” learning process, as well as for independent asynchronous use for negotiation, in case of
quarantine or similar situation with detachment from the normal learning process;
v. Validation of competencies gained through informal education;
vi. Reliable remote testing, evaluation of the selected digital environment and recording of evidence that it has been performed in accordance with the requirements;
vii. Individualization of the training program in cases when:
1. a participant is quarantined or ill, and must catch up;
2. in the process of validation lack of competencies have been discovered, for which additional training must be conducted;
3. one of the distance learners does not demonstrate good performance and needs to pay attention to a specific subject;
viii. Business continuity in accordance with standards and good practices for business continuity management.
Horisontal priorities targeted:
1. Innovative practices in a digital era;
2. Supporting educators, youth workers, educational leaders and support staff.
Specific priorities targeted:
1.(VET) Enhancing access to training and qualification for all;
2.(VET) Supporting the uptake of innovation approaches and digital technologies for teaching and learning.
3. (VET) Initial and continuous professional development of VET teachers, trainers and mentors in both school and work- based settings
1. ICT- new technologies- digital competence;
2. Open and distance learning;
3. Access for disadvantaged