Output Title: O1 Digital platform for online-, blended- and distance- learning and teaching based
on open source solutions and free accessible web services.
Output Type: Services / structures – E-learning platform
Start Date: 2021-04-01
End Date: 2021-09-01
Obviously to conduct online-, blended- and distance- learning and teaching activities, it is necessary to provide and maintain a digital and communications environment. This
environment should be available to the following target groups:
– Educational organizations of any kind and their students, pupils and life- long- learners
– Teachers, lecturers and trainers
– Parents, who need to support their children’s learning process
-Some social groups which have limited access to digital technologies and capacities (including disadvantaged people)
The digital platform shall integrate tools and services to address different scenarios and the specific needs of the above target groups such as:
– Tools to create digital learning content (including MOOC) in various forms (video, text, presentations, audio, quizzes and the like)
– ‘Text-to-voice’, ‘Print-to-Braille’ enabling the transfer of the created content from one format to another
– Creating subtitles for lectures in a form of video files to enable presenting the content by voice and text as well as for easy translation to other EU languages
– Synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning
– Video classroom
– Performing knowledge testing and certification
– Simultaneous face-to-face and online teaching, etc.
The innovation related to this Intellectual Output consists of:
1. The integration of various digital and communication technologies, services and tools in a way that enables the whole lifecycle of online, blended distance teaching and learning. It
includes the creation of digital content easy to use by the target groups in a digital environment under different scenarios: usual mode of teaching/ learning; in situation of disruptions
caused by Covid-19 and similar circumstances.
2. Enabling the implementation of especially created (under IO2) Methodology and processes for online blended- and distance- learning along the learning lifecycle, both under normal and Covid-19 and the like- situation based on digital technology, business continuity best practice and standards.
The expected impact of this Intellectual Output is that it provides all the necessary digital environment and tools to all of the target groups listed above to participate in teaching/
learning activities in all possible scenarios of disruption in their normal business due to Covid-19 or similar circumstances. Further this product empowers the stakeholders to digitalize their existing learning content, create new one and adapt it to the new reality. The Output allows to implement the concept of the ‘digital enterprise’ in the context of education placing
the digital technology at the center of all teaching and learning business processes. It impacts the way educational organizations operate, develop learning products and services,
generate revenue and engage with learners.
This Intellectual Output has transferability potential as follows:
1. All project partners shell exploit it in their teaching efforts
2. As far as all Intellectual Outputs of this project will be made available on the project website and shared at eTwinning, School Education Gateway, EPALE or the Erasmus+ Project
Results Platform, where applicable, subscribers at those sources will have the opportunity to use and adapt the output for their purposes.
3. This Output allows transferring of the digital learning content from one to other languages and forms.
4. Further transferability of this Intellectual Output is granted by the fact it is based on open- source components.
This Intellectual output development is led by SBC and comprises the next main tasks:
O1-A1 Identification of digital technologies, web-services and tools that provide a complete environment for online blended and distance learning and teaching along its lifecycle.
Information about the technologies currently used by the project partners will be considered too. The focus will be put on open-source and free resources. ([A] SBC; [C] partners)
O1-A2 Preparation of matrix with the components identified by O1-A1, and their applicability for d-Response purposes. This matrix will help the target groups to choose and configure
digital environment for their needs. ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A3 Register domain name(s) at .eu for the d-Response project’s web site and platform and set-up workspaces for them ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A4 Install and configure the digital technologies according to O1-A1 and O1-A2. Grant access to partners ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A5 Register accounts for web-services according to O1-A1 and O1-A2. In particular – for project and documentation management to manage d-Response project. Grant access to
partners. ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A6 Design the d-Response project’s web site. The site will be used to promote the project and to disseminate its outputs. ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A7 Help partners install and configure standalone tools according to O1-A1 and O1-A2 ([A] SBC, [R] partners)
O1-A8 Prepare and upload relevant content about the project and partners ([A] SBC, [R] partners)
O1-A9 Prepare guidelines for using platform, web-services and tools ([A] SBC, [I] partners)
O1-A10 Train project partners on the digital learning/teaching platform, web-services and tool ([A] SBC, [R] partners)
O1-A11 Prepare end-stage report and do end-stage activities as required by the Erasmus program and the contract ([A] SBC, [C] partners)
O1- A12 Publish the stage results at the project web-site after approval. ([SBC], [I] partners)
C19 dResponse – O1 – End Stage Report (002)IO 1 Quality Assurance Report Final version